It may surprise you to know that a large percentage of Americans have periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, and are in need of gum disease treatment. Because in the early stages of periodontal disease there are often few to no symptoms, you may have gum disease and not even know it. The problem with this is, in the beginning stages, any periodontal disease damage is reversible with gum disease treatment. But as the periodontal disease progresses, your teeth can loosen and you may even lose your teeth. Once this happens, you may need to get more invasive and expensive dental health work as part of your gum disease treatment plan.
At Weinberg Dentistry serving the Juno Beach, Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens, we care about you–your dental health as well as your overall health. We want to encourage you to implement the best health practices in your life and we will partner with you to help make your teeth, mouth and smile the best it can be.
What are the symptoms of periodontal disease?
- Though symptoms often don’t show up as soon as periodontal disease begins, one of the first symptoms is, as the name suggests, problems with the gums. Gums may be puffy, red or sore.
- Gum disease can cause your gums to bleed, often during or after your brush or floss your teeth.
- Periodontal disease can cause your breath to be bad or your mouth to taste bad often, and not because you have eaten strongly flavored foods.
- Periodontal disease can make your teeth loose and perhaps eventually fall out.
- If your gums recede–pull away from your teeth–you may have periodontal disease.
- If you wear dentures, and your dentures begin to fit poorly, you could have gum disease.
The best gum disease treatment is to never get gum disease! However, if you do, there are steps to take before it becomes serious. The best gum disease treatment for our patients Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter communities is gum disease prevention. This can be as simple as proper daily oral health care such as brushing and flossing. By seeing your Juno Beach dentist regularly (every six months is best) so he can give you a checkup, during which he can check for periodontal disease and will give you a cleaning can be your gum disease treatment prevention, as well. We also recommend that you eat healthy, limit sugary snacks and drink water. Exercise and proper sleep along with the basic practices for the best possible overall health, can also be good insurance against periodontal disease.
If you are concerned that you have periodontal disease, call our Juno Beach office today! We care about your health and serve the surrounding communities including Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens!