What Are Dental Implants & When Should I Consider Them?A dental implant is a small post (usually titanium alloy) that replaces a natural tooth root. This post fuses with your jaw bone in a matter of weeks and becomes a perfect platform to permanently support beautiful crowns, partials, or dentures. Candidates include people who are currently missing teeth, need to have teeth replaced, or those who have other types of dental prosthetics (bridges, partials, dentures, etc) who would like an upgrade. Are Missing or Damaged Teeth Really an Issue? Missing or damaged teeth can lead to much more serious issues than just being embarrassed to smile. When a natural tooth is missing from the smile, the surrounding jawbone can start to deteriorate and weaken. This leads to that infamous “sagging face” which is noticeable on those who are missing teeth. Missing teeth also make things like eating and speaking annoyingly difficult as well. There is NO need to resign yourself to this fate. Schedule my complimentary dental implant consult now.
Why Are Dental Implants Replacing Bridges and Dentures?Why did mankind switch to metal tools instead of sticking with stone? Simply put, dental implants represent a huge step forward in the quality and longevity of a tooth replacement. Here are some of the biggest benefits of implant dentistry- STRENGTH The implant itself is made of remarkably strong materials. It is practically indestructible once placed. A dental implant creates a platform to affix restorations to — that you don’t have to worry about breaking. Ever. LONGEVITY Not only are the materials strong, they are amazingly long-lasting.Your dental implant will shore up your gorgeous smile for the rest of your days. NATURAL A dental implant perfectly mimics a natural tooth. You can laugh, chew, brush, and whatever else as if it was your natural tooth. STABLE Missing teeth allow your other teeth to shift, creating gaps or alignment issues. This can alter your bite and lead to jaw function problems. A dental implant prevents this movement. HEALTH Most people don’t realize that smile gaps can be deadly. Dental implants close the gaps that become traps for food and bacteria — fending off gum disease. ANTI-AGING When natural teeth are missing, the jaw begins to weaken because it is no longer supporting the teeth. A dental implant will help the jaw bone maintain its structure and integrity. This means you will look younger, longer.
Why Is Weinberg Dentistry the Best Option for Me?Dr. Brion Weinberg’s extensive implant dentistry experience ensures an impressively high rate of success for our patients. This means you can feel confident that your procedure will be done right the first time. Our patients love that they can count on our team to deliver a great final result. But they are delighted when they learn how warmly and compassionately we care for them throughout the process. Surgery can be scary, but our team knows how to make the whole process comfortable and pleasant. You will also appreciate the convenience of completing the whole dental implant procedure at our one West Palm Beach location. You do not need you to be shuttled around to any other specialty locations.
What Are the Dental Implant Procedure Steps?
- Consultation. During your free initial consultation, Dr. Weinberg will do a thorough assessment of your current situation and recommend a customized treatment plan for you. This plan will factor in your unique circumstances and concerns. When you are comfortable with the plan and agree to it, your treatment will be scheduled.
- Prep. In order to best support your dental implants, you may need teeth removed or bone grafting prior to their placement.
- Placement. Once everything is ready, Dr. Weinberg will expertly place your dental implant.
- Healing. We need to give your new dental implant an appropriate amount of time to heal and firm up. This healing period depends on the individual’s unique situation, but is usually only a matter of weeks.
- Restoration. Once your dental implant has settled and everything is healed up, we will attach your beautiful new tooth.
- FREEDOM. You are now free to enjoy your life to the fullest!